We posted a Question sticker to our Instagram followers yesterday: What are you doing today just for fun? Usually, we find Questions incredibly useful for connecting, but this time, no one responded - in fact, even at TLW HQ, we had no good answers to the question.
When was the last time you really had fun?
If it’s been too long, we’re here to help. We’ve created a list of 12 ways you can have more fun today:
1. WEAR MORE SCRUNCHIES. Carrie Bradshaw once said, ‘No woman … would be caught dead at a hip downtown restaurant wearing a scrunchie!’ Sorry, Carrie, it’s 2019, and scrunchies our go-to look. They’re equal parts pretty, easy, and good for your hair, too – they don’t snag and damage your hair like plain, old elastic hair ties. Try half up, half down, or pigtails just for fun.
2. EAT AN ICECREAM. Put it in a cone, make it into a sandwich, or pair it with cake. Eating icecream is truly one of life’s most enjoyable experiences.
Image source: @mood70s , Instagram
3. LESS HAIR TIME. Choose products that keep hair cleaner for longer, and speed up dry time, because you’ve got more important things to do; like eating icecream and watching Netflix.
4. PLAN AN ADVENTURE. Adventure into a new part of town, or around the other side of the world. Take a friend.
5. SHARE A SELFIE. Share the first selfie you take: don’t analyse every pixel. Being self-critical is not fun or productive. Life’s too short.
6. TRY HAIR ROLLERS. Give lifeless hair some va-va-voom with sleep-in rollers. Sleep-in rollers mixed with the right products save your hair from heat damage, and they save you time in the morning. Big, bombshell hair goes well with throw-your-head-back laughter.
7. SPARK MORE JOY. Out with clutter: only keep the things that make you happy. Less stuff, more joy.
8. JUST AIR DRY. Skip the hairdryer on a hot summers day and add weightless products that compliment your hair’s natural texture and shape.
9. DOCUMENT YOUR SUMMER. The sunsets, the sunrises. Enjoy the warmth and make memories: keep a journal and take photos.
10. PET A PUPPY. Animals are friends and funny, too.
11. CUT SOME BANGS. Long, eye-skimming bangs are a simple way to change up your look; variety, after all, is the spice of life. Play with texture or pin them up for a fun, playful look.
12. BUY NEW PRODUCTS. Ones that spark joy, with cute slogans on them. They’ll put a smile on your face every day. Also, they’re perfect for selfies.
Can you suggest other ways to HAVE MORE FUN? Comment below!