Few things are as beautiful as long, healthy hair. Even if, on those days when you wake up with your head full of knots and tangles, it might seem like a lot of work.
If you feel like you run into more than your fair share of tangles and knots, you might feel a little better knowing that some types of hair tangle more easily than others. This goes for thick and curly hair, long and fine hair, and dry and damaged hair.
Thankfully, there are lots of things you can do to minimize those annoying tangles in your hair and keep your hair healthy.
- Keep your shampoo and conditioner paraben and sulphate chemical-free, like our 'Laughter is best' Shampoo and 'Winter is coming' Conditioner (you like how we just slid that in?). Chemicals will damage your hair and can easily lead to more tangles.
- Avoid heat as much as possible. Yes, we all love our blow-dryers, curling irons, and hair straighteners too. But too much heat damages your hair and makes those pesky tangles much more likely to happen. If you must use hot tools, use a heat protectant for your hair, and the lowest heat setting you can get away with.
- Rinse your hair with cold water before you get out of the shower. The cold water closes your hair cuticles so that your hair dries smooth. Try it, and see for yourself!
- Braid your hair loosely before bed, and tie it up with a scrunchie (preferably silk but anything works!) instead of sleeping on it down. You'll be surprised at how much of a difference this makes!
- Replace your brush with a wide-tooth comb to protect your hair from damage. As a bonus, a wide-toothed comb is a very effective tool for de-tangling.
- Use a good conditioner, like our “Winter is coming” conditioner. Conditioning restores moisture and shine to your hair, making it less likely to tangle. As a plus, the 'Laughter is best' Shampoo and 'Winter is coming' Conditioner are free of toxic foaming agents and other harmful chemicals, and the perfect choice for revitalizing damaged hair. And with adorable names like "Laughter Is Best Shampoo" and "Winter Is Coming Conditioner", how could you resist?
There you have it: Our best tips to keep your hair healthy and the tangles away, so you can enjoy smooth, frizz-free hair. Here's to a tangle-free future!